Privacy, Cookies & Data Protection
- Totalpharmacy.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information we receive from you. We adhere strictly to the requirements of the UK data protection act. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how is may be used.
- When you place an order, we need to know your invoice and delivery information as this allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold any personal information that is not required as part of the order process.
- We use your personal information to despatch good and send emails related to the progress of your order. Occasional newsletter emails will only be sent to subscribers, newsletter subscriptions can be cancelled at any time using the cancel link in the email or via “Your Account”.
- We use strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection act. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging into “Your Account”.
- We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit / debit card validation with Sagepay during purchase via credit card.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may need to pass your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other reason.
- Cookies. Our website makes use of a “Session Cookie”. This allows the site to track your order during the purchase process. This cookie is destroyed when you a) close your browser or b) log out of your account.
- Credit Card Security: All credit card transactions are processed by SagePay™ (SagePay is the new name for Protx) , who use bank approved software and the highest level of encryption to ensure that your credit card details are kept secure at all times. All data we exchange with SagePay's systems is encrypted using 256-bit encryption. We neither receive, nor store, your credit card or CVV number.
We are required under the Medicines Act to ask certain questions before we can supply a Pharmacy Only Medication.
The information we gather in the form of a Pharmacy Medicine Safety Check is collected and stored using high-grade encryption.
We use 256-bit SSL encryption to ensure that all information remains encrypted between your browser and our server.
Secondly, the information we receive is encrypted, using 128 bit AES encryption, using a key unique to our site, before being stored in our database.
This key is further encrypted. In the unlikely event of a server compromise, it is not practicable for this data to be decrypted.
The data we collect is used solely to fulfill the legal requirements of the aforementioned act. We do not sell, share or otherwise disclose this information to any third party for commercial or other purposes.
UK registered Pharmacies and Pharmacists operate under strict legal and ethical code regarding patient data and confidentiality and we are registered with the Data Protection Registrar.
Cookies are small text files, with ID tags that are stored on your device (computer/ mobile/ tablet) when visiting certain websites. Cookies keep track of your movements on the site to allow improved functionality, eg keeping track of shopping cart items, personal preferences, keeping you logged in to your account.
What cookies do we use?_utma,_utmb,_utmc,_utmz
These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics, which is used to track a user’s activity on the Totalpharmacy.co.uk website and enables us to improve website functionality and customer experience;
_utma: Each unique browser that visits a page on our website is provided with a unique ID via this cookie. Subsequent visits to the site via the same browser are recorded as belonging to the same visitor. Please note: If two different people sharing the same computer account and browser access the site, only one unique visitor ID is recorded even though two unique individuals accessed the site.
_utmb, _utmc: Used to establish and continue a user session on the site. _utmz: Stores the referral used by the visitor e.g. whether you visited the site directly, or visited us via a link (ad campaign, search engine etc.).
Further information available at Cookies & Google Analytics
These session cookies allow our web server to respond to your actions on the website such tracking your repeat requests through to finalisation, maintaining your login session, keeping track of your cart contents. The website wouldn't work for you without them and these cookies are thus deemed stricty necessary. Expire: At end of session.
This cookie remembers the text size you choose when browsing the repeat prescription request system. It is a first-party cookie which simply remembers your preferred font size. Expiry: persistent
This page was last updated: Sunday 23 September, 2012